Monday, September 16, 2013

The Beginnings of The Robley Estates claims against the Tobago House of Assembly.

Thus begins the effort to have the over 7000 acres of land that has been stolen from the Robley Family Estates by various and sundry entities, both governmental and private, on the island of Tobago. The Robley family is committed to the return of these properties to the rightful owners, our uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces, nephews, children and grand and great grand children.

We the Robleys are committed to upholding the legacy of our ancestors and fighting to the bitter end all those who have and continue to steal our family estates.


TOBAGO 18th. July 1812
I give unto Eliza McKenzie a free mulatto woman residing with me as my housekeeper or if any objection were to be made to her receipt of it then to my brothers George and Joseph Robley and their heirs in trust for the sum of two hundred pounds sterling (not less than four hundred pounds currency) for and during her natural life and I so expressly direct that the said sum shall be paid to her and shall be a charge not only on my estate in the West Indies but shall be paid and payable out of the value of the first amount received for sugar or any other produce shall be shipped from all or any of my estates but especially Golden Grove and that the person or persons shipping or their disposing of the same shall if he or they omit to make the same payment annually and every year aforesaid be charged and chargeable by the said Eliza McKenzie and the said George and Joseph Robley or their heirs in trust for her for the same to receive from the day of my decease I give the said Eliza McKenzie two hundred pounds money for her mourning and all my clothes and wearing apparel in the West Indies and household furniture to the value of one hundred pounds currency I give the same Eliza McKenzie the three girls Peggy, Hagar and Fanny and after her death I direct that they and their --- be valued and returned respectively to the Golden Grove and Friendship estates and their value divided share and share alike among the children I now have or hereafter may have by the said Eliza McKenzie the said value to be paid out of my residuary estate or raised if necessary out f my estate I give unto care of my two natural children by the said Eliza McKenzie Frederick Robley and Phillis Aida Robley the sum of one hundred pounds sterling paid or payable to the said Eliza McKenzie until they respectively attain the age of twenty one years and for their support and maintenance and after they respectively attain the age of 21 years then for their own use and benefit but payable to them only after that time so that it cannot be sold assigned or transferred to any other person whatsoever I further give the same or annual allowance to any other child or children to each respectively and as I may have by the same Eliza McKenzie during my residence in the West Indies or born in the time after my decease or departure from the West Indies In case the said Eliza McKenzie shall live and cohabit with another person within the time of such birth in which case I hereby revoke the said annuity and said principle sum as heretofore mentioned as to the child I give and bequeath to my brothers George and Joseph Robley and William Brasnell Esquire in trust for my said natural children Frederick Robley and Phillis Aida Robley the sum of one thousand pounds sterling each and the same for each other child I may have by the said Eliza as aforesaid to be raised as soon as may be conveniently done after my decease ------- ------- I give and bequeath To Eliza Mckenzie my boy John the son of a mulatto woman named Betsy Robley which boy was born upon Golden Grove estate in October 1804 subject to the same condition as for the above girls Peggy, Hagar and Fanny except that if the said Betsy Robley purchase the said boy for two hundred and fifty pounds sterling then the money should be the sole and exclusive property of the said Eliza Mckenzie I further allow the said Eliza Mckenzie while she reside in Tobago for the time being the use of two Negro women and one Negro man the same to be from the Golden Grove estate. -------- ------- as part and parcel thereof I give to Ann Allison one hundred pounds sterling and the same allowance and amount given to my children Frederick and Phillis Aida or one of them I give to her daughter Jane my natural daughter, ----- dated 18th. July 1812.

No comments:

Post a Comment